grub-0.5.90 is released

I'm happy to announce the release of GNU GRUB 0.5.90.

[The `GNU' in `GNU GRUB' designates that this is not a release by
Erich Boleyn (GRUB's original author), rather a separate release to
help GRUB development move along.  Erich and I will continue to work
together as time permits, but he's currently busy with other things.]

You can get it from:

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/pub/hurd/src/grub-0.5.90.tar.gz

Debian GRUB packages for `hurd-i386' and `i386' should appear shortly
in potato (ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/).

Here is the relevant NEWS:

New in 0.5.90 - 1999-03-01, Gordon Matzigkeit:
* Bug fixes.
* GRUB understands symlinks on ext2fs (but still not ffs).
* Many source code and build cleanups to comply with GNU standards.

I'd really like to hear how this release works for you (especially if
you have a LS-120 floppy drive... I think I've fixed the bug that
caused hangs while loading GRUB's stage2, but it needs testing).

If you have any suggestions or bug reports, please send electronic
mail to the GRUB mailing list <bug-grub@gnu.org>.

DEVELOPERS: to subscribe to the mailing list, send e-mail to
<bug-grub-request@gnu.org>.  You can get the latest GRUB CVS tree from
`:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.gnu.org:/gd/gnu/anoncvsroot', module `grub'.
Just hit enter when CVS prompts you for a password.

Have fun,

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)