Re: Python and Hurd

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 11:14:55AM -0700, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> I have uploaded Python for the Hurd, and it is now sitting in the
> Interpreters directory, and should be gettable using dselect.  The
> latest dpkg works perfectly, thanks Marcus.

Cooool! I mean Python. Getting dpkg to work was main priority so we have
little trouble building packages. If you know of any problems with dpkg (or
someone else), let me know immediately.

[...]

> I intend to package the following:
> - tk8.0 (so that tkinter will work on Python)
> - vim-14a (this will include the X-support stuff, as well as Python-modes).
> and, to be consistent, tcl8.0.
>
> This should allow for several X programs to work now (tkmail, etc.)

Yes! I was going to try tkl/tc, but was delayed. Now I can put it off my
TODO list. We need it to build XFSetup, too! (This is the single circular
dependency in the X packages, that is why tcl/tk is so important for us).

As usual, if there are packages that build completely unmodified, let me
know, so I can it add to the list for the autobuilder. Also, the Hurd should
not crash inbetween (which it unfortunately does on some big packages).

Thanks,
Marcus