RE: Recompiling GNUMach

> What is it used for? It seems like a compiler or something..

MIG is the (M)ach (I)nterface (G)enerator.  I'm no expert, but
I kind of think of it like IDL files in CORBA.  You create an
interface file for a server or other system process using a
special descriptive language (codified in the MIG programming
manual), then you run it through MIG and it generates some
glue code that marshalls/demarshalls the RPC calls that are
used as the native message passing protocol for Mach-based
systems.

This is probably a gross simplification, but there it is.

-Brent