RE: Installing HURD from scratch

> Hi, basically I am writing because I simply want to install Hurd from
> scratch. I was wondering if anyone out there could help me. Bottom line
> is if I need to install Linux I will, but I have put aside an x86
> machine explicitly to run Hurd and don't feel like installing anything
> else. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank
> you.

Hmm. YOu could try doing what the linux install does - boot using /dev/ram
as /, and work from there to do the partitioning, and untar marcus' big
tar.gz. You'd need a reasonable amount of ram for it to work, but that's
basically what a linux install does, so I think it's doable.

HTH,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo