Re: GRUB 0.5.92 is released

>   I BELIEVE MY ONLY CHOICE IS TO DO A FDISK/MBR.  Does anybody see an
> alternative?  I've tried everything else I can think of.

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is.  If you can get the thing you
were running that does funny business to put back a normal partition table,
and then install grub in the MBR, you should be fine.

> )does grub support booting FAT32 or should I be sure to use only FAT16?

Last I knew it supports only FAT16, not FAT32.

> )can I boot more than one FAT partition(two PRI DOS FAT16, one PRI DOS
> FAT32 each partition supports an OS) with my menu.lst?  The two FAT16s
> are just small boot partitions to the second harddrive.

Sure.  From the grub command line (or menu.lst settings), you can access
any partition.

> )should I keep my hurd and debian boot partitions below cylinder 1024?

This was necessary with earlier versions of GRUB, but I believe that it no
longer matters.  To put /boot/grub/stage2 past cylinder 1024, you might
need to use the new stage1_lba as your stage1.  But I believe that GRUB's
stage2 (which reads everything else but stage1 and stage2) can now access
large disks without restriction.