Re: Alternative filesystems for Hurd

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 cbbrowne@godel.brownes.org wrote:

	<snip>

> [...]

	<snip>

In case anyone missed it, SGI released "most" of XFS under GPL yesterday
(or the day before) ... I think the missing bits are the "AT&T SYS VR4"
parts (there was a reference to some other proprietary parts as well).

I hope someone qualified (not me) could take what's been released and
put in the missing pieces ... I expect SGI may be doing this themselves.

> > I think ReiserFS is also a very nice file system.
>
> It would make a LOT of sense to take a look at integrating ReiserFS
> into Hurd; it has a GPL license, which is certainly compatible.

It would make sense to have both.  ReiserFS looks very interesting ...

	<snip>

----
Guy W. Hulbert					At Work:
guy@interlog.com				guy@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca