Re: Disabling Linux Native Devices

On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 10:15:02AM -0700, Kevin Musick wrote:
> What specifically will you lose if you disable the native Linux drivers,
> i.e., #undef LINUX_DEV?

As Okuji said, you will miss a lot of (read: all) hardware support.
You don't want to do this.

> How do you go about porting a native Linux driver into GNU Mach?

We put the linux code in the GNU Mach source tree and overwrite certain
parts of it with special files. There is also glue code. This is not
documented but in the source. Have fun. Note that this is only true for
block device and network card drivers currently. Character devices should be
worked on.

Marcus