Re: Success on installing Hurd

Hi folks,
  I found the "mbr" deb at the uk.debian.org ftp site in potato.  I
would imagine it is in the other debian potato ftp sites as well.  What
are the benefits of installing "mbr"?  I'm getting prepared to install
the Hurd with the cross-install from Debian GNU/linux and haven't
removed lilo yet so now would be the most opportune time to install
"mbr", if it is useful.  Will it mess with the partitions I already
have?  I would prefer not losing anything that already is there.

Jim