Re: Previous open GNU/Hurd design discussions?

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 04:00:24PM +0200, Pontus Lidman wrote:
> Are there any resources like mailing-list archives etc.

Trent Fisher had a Hurd page which seems to be pulled now. There was a mbox
archive of some old mailing list for Hurd friends. The list never produced
much useful results, which is why Thomas Bushnell pulled the list after a
year or so. Well, I don't even have an email address of Trent. I have a copy
of the emails, but anyway it won't answer any of your questions below.

> that reflect the
> past design discussions of the GNU/Hurd team?

I don't think much of this discussion happened on a public list.

> I'm trying to get into Hurd
> a bit, but reading the source from the top down is pretty time-consuming.

Well, beside the Hurd info file, the overviews on the gnu web pages and the
source, asking on this list or on help-hurd is the right thing to do. If you
read old mail, it can happen that you read about obsolete concepts, so
asking here is better, in my opinion.

Thanks,
Marcus

--