Re: download packages in cross-install

On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 09:20:55PM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   The major obstacle to installing the Hurd from a Debian system using the
> lots-of-packages method has generally been that it's a pain to get all
> the packages by hand (yes, not *much* of a pain but still nontrivial)

Yes, that's right.

> The attached patch modifies cross-install to support downloading the files
> with wget as part of the installation process.  It also should support aborted
> downloads.

Whoa, that's nice! I'm happy to include it. Thanks for implementing this
feature.

>   In addition, the patch adds a mechanism for parsing additional options on the
> command-line (this is used for activating the download feature, but I also
> hooked it into some other options).

Yupp, looks great. I'll probably allow short options, too, and change the
name of some of the options, but otherwise it's fine. Thanks again.

>   I believe that cross-install should continue to work as it does currently if
> the download feature is not enabled.

I have to test it anyway (to see if it is in sync with current ftp archive),
so don't worry.

Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org  Check Key server