Re: Midnight Commander for GNU/Hurd

Pavel Roskin <pavel_roskin@geocities.com> writes:

> I have compiled the GNU Midnight Commander 4.5.37 for GNU/Hurd without any
> patches.
> It works very well.
>
> Thanks to the GNU/Hurd team for the OS and to the MC team for the true
> portability!

Of course, the Hurd has many nifty filesystem features that Midnight
Commander presumably does not yet support.  Perhaps the Midnight
Commander people might want to add a suitable TODO item to their task
list in the hopes that a volunteer will be interested in extending the
program to take advantage of the Hurd's special features.