Re: more convenient way to change keymap

Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <tosi@ees2.oulu.fi> writes:

> Could GNU Mach be changed to install its kd.h somewhere under
> ${includedir}?

Yes, certainly.  Real Kernels, like BSD and Linux, install the device
header files as a matter of course.  It just always ends up being
useful.  However, I'm a little uncertain about the right naming
scheme, and because it's the sort of thing that gets cast into stone
quickly, I don't want to just *do* it without thought.

Any thoughts?

> Will /hurd/term be extended to interpret scancodes and poke
> characters in video memory, or do those features belong in a
> separate program (/hurd/console)?

Probably the latter.

Thomas