Re: Bootup Problem

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 04:03:19PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> I've just installed Hurd on a system.  Everything has gone fairly
> smoothly, and it boots fine in single-user mode.  But in multi-user
> mode, it comes up, displays "Automatic boot in progress...", the date,
> and then hangs.  What is going on here, and how can I fix it?

This is a problem three people have reported now, but I don't know any fix,
and I not really tried to reproduce this myself, so I can't help you.

If you want a workaround: Boot to single user mode and logout. I think this
brings you to multi user mode.

If you want to debug this, go for it! Maybe it is a temporary problem even.

Thanks,
Marcus