Re: Trying to build the Hurd

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 09:03:32AM +0100, Weil, Stefan 3732 EPE-24 wrote:
> maybe the Hurd build wants tetex because doc needs makeinfo and makeinfo
> is in tetex? It is a waste of disk space to install tetex just to get
> makeinfo. makeinfo is a simple C source (distributed with texinfo and
> other packages) and could be installed without tetex.

Of course you are right. I think the current texinfo package in the Hurd
(version 4.0) has makeinfo in it and conflicts with older tetex versions.

Installing texinfo package might be sufficient to compile the Hurd.

Marcus

--
"The purpose of Free Software is Free Software.
The End and the Means are the same."  -- Craig Sanders

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>