Problems installing Hurd

I did the cross-install to /dev/hda4 (/gnu).
I also made a grub floppy (from grub-boot.image)
And then I reboot.
And then a problem came:
grub complains that there is no /boot/gnumach
After a quick investigation I found that grub
doesnt see /boot but /bootó
I also looked over the first MB of /dev/hda4
and I see that there is bootó entry at
root dir. This char iso-2 oacute at display
and iso-1 less-equal at grub.
fsck -f claim partition is correct and
i see correct names at Linux
here is a fragment from /dev/hda4 (it went thru mc -e so can be a bit more
damaged than it was formerly):
--- start ---
lost+foundusrá varbO
temp_buildţsbindpkg-newöetcnative-installewńshareâ?manwdoc˘ŽbinąŚdictRÖgamesEŢinclude5ćinfo%îlibősrcĺ
bootódev?7home??mntA_procrootő?tmpÝhurd?žlibexecYŢ|servers
Questions are :
1) What is it ?
2) Why it happened ?
3) What should I do ?