Newbie to Hurd

I'm new to Hurd, and having gotten everything set up, and followed the
boot instructions:
root=(hd0,a)
kernel=/boot/gnumach.gz root=hd0s4 -s
module=/boot/serverboot.gz
boot

Everything starts up, the partitions are detected etc. and then it
suddenly collapses with the message:
"panic: Cannot load user-bootstrap image. (error code 6000)"

Can someone help me out here, as I can't seem to figure out what the
problem actually is as the kernel and module seemed to load fine during
the grub procedure. And also some way of overcoming the problem once I
know what it is would be much appreciated...cheers.