Re: PPP suport

"Rickie M." <rmart@postmaster.co.uk> wrote:
> I was told there's no PPP support under Hurd. Pppconfig was the only package I found at ~/binary-hurd-i386/base directory. How to build packages from the source codes which pppconfig depends on?

Hi Rickie,

I'm sorry to disappoint you.  Porting PPP from Linux is going to
require a lot more than a simple recompilation because of the
differences in kernel design.  If your 'Net connection is PPP, I
recommend as a minimal development environment two machines connected
by ethernet with one as gateway for the Hurd box.

Best regards
-John