Problem making serverboot Re: new hurd package

Hello Marcus,

I had some problems then building Hurd and it seems that the reason is
still  there.  serverboot/Makefile  includes  ../Makeconf  after using
$srcdir    variable    defined   in  it so vpath directive didn't work
and make couldn't find boot_script.c;  I've placed  directive  'include
../Makeconf';  after that there are were problems in link because make
always took exec.o from ../exec (even after I inserted . to VPATH), so
I  had  to hide exec.* from exec dir to make make :-) compile exec.c
form serverboot dir.

It  seems that other people didn't experience such problems although I
don't know why.

MB> there is a new hurd package in the archive (19991209). Please give it a bit
MB> of testing if you like...

Best regards,
 Roman                            mailto:roman@nstl.nnov.ru