Re: NFSD status.

> 1.) I won't file a bug with the Debian BTS about this.

My version of your fix is now checked in, and with the new subversions
server you can see it immediately by anonymous CVS or cvsweb.

> 2.) I will do some more testing, in particular, to find out how stable
>     and robust this implementation is.

You can take it as a known (but vague) fact that the current implementation
is not real robust or stable.  Finding the specific problems would be helpful.

>     It would be really useful to me to be able to mount the Hurd's
>     filesystem, given the creepy way I work.  I end up with copies of
>     everything, and no real mechanism for maintaining consistency.

FWIW, I do things the other way around: everything I modify nontrivially is
on my development (linux) machine, and my hurd machine nfs-mounts from
there and I just use cp -ua for copying some things over.

> 3.) I would also like to look at why the ntp4 daemon is not compiling.

That would be much appreciated.