RE: Hurd questions - need direction

> is there anyone who will tell me where
> the pitfalls are to get the GNU/Hurd
> integrated into a distribution ?

Please join the debian-hurd mailing list.
We are in the process of producing a
Hurd distribution, and you are welcome
to build on our work.  We are a non-profit
organization, so our focus (free software)
is probably quite different from your own.

> the problem (i don´t know if there will
> be a real problem, i haven´t checked the
> source) might be where we have the automated
> script compile the kernel and libs after
> downloading it:
> i haven´t found the hurd on the usual
> servers where i could find e.g. the linux
> kernel, neither do i know how well the compile
> can be controlled with environment
> variables.

Visit the GNU pages on the hurd to see where
to get GNUmach and the Hurd from CVS.  As
you probably already know, the Hurd is a
server running on top of GNUmach.

> where can i get a current "stable"
> version, who is willing to
> help or point at documentation ?

There is simply no such thing at the moment.

-Brent