Re: Lurker's Question

>  Is there some particular reason why you would think it preferable to
>   *not* attempt some degree of compatibility?

 yop! Under Linux/m68k, user space starts at 0x8000000, which is a
real problem on the Sun3, because it only has 28bit virtual address
space... The Linux guys solved this by making Linux/sun3 incompatible
with Linux/m68k... This sounds broken to me...

 Moreover (you can take this one as a joke, too :) I think that
supporting Linux binaries will just (in the long term) encourage
proprietary software to be developed for Linux (and thus GNU) only,
which is against the idea I have of what Free Software is.

 However, I fully agree with the idea of being ``completely'' *source*
compatible with Linux.

Aymeric