perl, gcc

I just uploaded the latest perl 5.8 to alpha.  I don't know why my Hurd
system wasn't picking perl up from alpha before, since Marcus apparently
uploaded perl there in October.  Oh well.  I could have saved myself
much hassle.  Also the newest gcc-defaults package has been uploaded to
the main Debian archive.

I think this means that the Hurd is back in an installable state.  I'll
test that theory tomorrow, possibly when I get around to another round
of trying to figure out why glibc is broken on the Hurd again.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey