Re: K7 discs

Michael Banck wrote:
On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 07:43:30PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:

I woke up to find that the latest xfree had been downloaded.  A quick
check shows that it should build into the CDs.  We are now into the
seventh disc.

Yeah, we have updated X (on gnuab), a fixed (WRT start-stop-daemon,
thanks to Ogi) dpkg (on gnuab) and a fixed glibc (tzconfig bug) (in
incoming.debian.org).

I'm not sure if it's still true, but some weeks ago you couldn't do apt-get install gcc (on fresh install) because gcc 3.4 was required, and it's not available for the Hurd yet. That's why I've built gcc-defaults 1.14 (that uses 3.3) with version changed to 1.16.really.1.14[1]. Others can tell if there is more correct approach.

[1] http://debian.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/~ogi/hurd/repo/

Regards,
ogi