Re: Isn't it time for thinking about K11?

Hi,

2006/4/10, Thomas Schwinge <tschwinge@gnu.org>:
On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 09:14:49PM +0530,  ????????????????????? ??? (Praveen A) wrote:
>  I think it would be great if we can have a release now with a lot of new
> exciting progress like gnome, Xorg ... and buildd setup...

Yes, I agree with you and Philip Charles that it would now be an adequate
point in time for another release of the K series.

> So if we could
> work on a way to make the live CD (from superunprivileged.org) it would be
> great. It shouldn't be that tough
>
> 1. Mount a GNU/Hurd partition from the live CD
> 2. Copy the stuff to the partition
> 3. Configure grub to boot from the harddisk.
>
> It would be great to work with those who made the live CD (I'm volunteering
> for it).

Well then, just go ahead, I'd say!  :-)

 Right now downloading the live CD again (I think I have give my copy to someone). I will try to copy the contents to a GNU Hurd partition and a tweak in the grub configuration, I guess it should work. I guess the installer can be a simple tool to copy the contents for a starting and change old grub/install grub with new values (which can be tough and leave as manually for the time being)

Regards
Praveen

Regards,
Thomas

--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."