Re: Unofficial GNU/Hurd release in connection to Debian/Wheezy?

On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 15:13 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> Alle venerdì 5 ottobre 2012, Svante Signell ha scritto:
> > On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 13:59 +0200, Pino Toscano wrote:
> > > Alle venerdì 5 ottobre 2012, Svante Signell ha scritto:
> > > or, even better:
> > > - forward it upstream, which I did earlier,

earlier means: now or some (long) time ago?

>  since you apparently
> > > care more having things in debian-ports than having them fixed
> > > properly upstream
> >
> > Good idea, maybe you might do that, you are the bug submitter.
>
> ... that's why above I wrote "which I did earlier".

So you have submitted to upstream already? Then I will not do that.

> > Regarding debian-ports I'm
> > interested in what the percentage would be when all bugs having
> > patches are applied, because the working packages triggers new build
> > problems on depending ones. (however not for premake, which is a
> > leaf package).
>
> If we are in the main archive, debian-ports must not be used *at all*.

I know that as well, but during the freeze nothing happens. And how long
that will last we don't know.

> Having new libraries in debian-ports won't change a bit the percentage
> of packages built in the main archive.

Of course not. I'm interested in having more packages built, especially
finding out problems with packages depending on the ones being built by
patching them (and finding bugs in the patched packages). Additionally,
I hope Samuels package page takes care of packages also in the
debian-ports archive.