Re: iso_not_recognised

Hello,

Justwalking, on lun. 19 juin 2017 16:36:27 +0100, wrote:
> Over the last 2 years. 3 times I have tried to install Debian-Hurd and
> failed because I make an installation DVD and then my computer does not even
> see the DVD-1 in the DVD drive,

How is the DVD drive connected?  SATA?  I'm not sure the AHCI driver was
fixed for various kinds of DVD drives, that probably still needs fixing.

You can as well just try to copy the pre-installed disk image over your
disk, or just copy the "/" partition.

> I suppose the people who fail to install Debian-Hurd because the
> installation disc is not recognised just give up and install an
> alternative instead,

Or install on a VM, like most people do when trying a fancy OS that
probably doesn't have drivers for everything in the world :)

Samuel