Re: Description of language packages and their current use in Debian and Ubuntu

On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 01:28:45PM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

> Here (i18n meeting at Extremadura) we had a discussion about language packs
> and how they could be used in the debian-installer in order to prevent some
> of the scalability issues with new languages being added all the time (and
> d-i limitations)

FWIW I have listed in the wiki also more information (and issues) related to
how we ship in Debian i18n/l10n material (which is not just PO files). It's
available at http://wiki.debian.org/I18n/TranslationDataDistribution

Regards

Javier