Re: advices on how to integrate the translation status in the PTS

(mail originally mean to be sent to
206363@bugs.debian.org,debian-i18n@lists.debian.org. However, I made a
typo in the list's address. If replying, please respect Reply-to)

Quoting Stefano Zacchiroli (zack@debian.org):
> Hi Christian,
>   I'm contacting you for some advices on how to integrate the
> translation status of a given package in the PTS. It is a long overdue
> feature request of the PTS
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=206363. Unfortunately,
> a long time has passed since the original request and some of the URLs
> pointer mentioned in the first bug report are now dangling 404.

URLs:

http://ftp-master.debian.org/~barbier/l10n/material/data/unstable.gz
is now
http://i18n.debian.net/material/data/unstable.gz

"tools to parse it" are at svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-l10n

On l10n pages, you also have example links for translation files,
either po-debcofn or PO files.

See examples from http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/fr or http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po/fr

> Generally speaking, for the integration with the PTS we need to reach an
> agreement upon:
> - which information have to be shown in the PTS static pages; ideally
>   that would include deciding whether to output TODO/problem items in
>   the appropriate box, and possibly hyperlinks to external translation
>   resources related to a given package

Information could be the list of languages supported for translation
(either po-debconf or po, again)

> - a data source we can download batchly containing data about all the
>   packages in the archive; and of course on its format

That you will find on http://i18n.debian.net/material

People to speak about this are the people incolved in the debian-l10n
project on Alioth....or you can just CC things to debian-i18n

----- End forwarded message -----