Re: Dhelp French translation and call for translations

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 03:52:33PM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 01:01:07PM +0100, Esteban Manchado Velázquez wrote:
> >     A had some problems with string updating, but they are solved now, so
> > please translate the current strings if you feel like it!
>
> For those like me who have no idea what you refer to could you briefly say
> which strings you are talking about and where I could obtain them? (Debconf,
> package, ...).

    Gah, sorry. I forgot *again* :-) I'm talking about the dhelp package (it's
a Debian native package), in particular the strings contained in po/dhelp.pot
in the source file (see http://darcs.debian.org/~zoso/dhelp/po/dhelp.pot , I
just setup the public Darcs repo). The French translation is at
http://darcs.debian.org/~zoso/dhelp/po/fr.po . Just send me a Darcs changeset,
or a diff, the file, or whatever is easier for you.

    The strings themselves are used in the (new) HTML interface: it's the
directory of available documentation (the one registered with doc-base) and
the documentation search interface. There's no debconf, and I don't think I
will add it anytime soon.

    And finally, is there anything I could/should do to make it easier for
translators to track changes in the package, or to know when I have "frozen"
some strings so they can start translating? Just mail this list?

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso@debian.org>
Help spread it through the Net in signatures, webpages, whatever!