Translation of "GNOME" [was: Re: [D-I] updates to tasksel opened again]

-=| Christian Perrier, Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 07:14:53AM +0200 |=-
> The number of strings has been lowered down to 27. No more tedious
> "localization" tasks.

*relief*

> Please note, even in your translations, that "GNOME" should be
> spelled this way. Not "Gnome" or even less "gnome". I think it's
> obvious that you should not translate that word, still..:-)

Why not? Transliterating the abbreviation using the local alphabet
seems like an improvement to me. Otherwise English-unaware users would
guess how the thing is pronounced. Same for "KDE".