Re: New version of the coordination pages (pseudo-urls)

Hello Christian,
On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 07:36:37AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting suso@riseup.net (suso@riseup.net):
> Ways to collaborate have to be found there but that needs to overcome
> some difficulties:
>
> - the initial start of Ubuntu l10n work was "translate a lot no matter
> how you do it", resulting in poor quality, lack of proofreading and no
> interaction with upstream....as well as loss of confidence from those
> people who were doing the same work with much caution, for years. I
> think that this image is still stuck to Ubuntu l10n, which requires
> overcoming the reticences of those who are doing that work for years
> (which includes /me)
>
> - basing the work on Rosetta, being non free, places a philosophical
> challenge here
>
> - no communication between "those in charge" (not
> deliberately...mostly because of lack of time to invest on this,
> particularly in Debian. Also because, there is always some reluctance,
> on the Debian "side", to see our work being "stolen".....whether this
> is true or not)

Is the license issue solved for Rosetta now? I remember discusions
back than, that ist was unclear under which license the translations
were done. For PO files usually the translator has a statement like "the
same license as the package foo" or sometimes explicit licenses.

Greetings

       Helge