package description translation: where to drop hints?

        Hi!

 Given that package descriptions are done totally disconnected from the
packages and thus the package maintainers, there are several questions
that pop around in my head:

 -) Given that it was recently raised that the English package
descriptions might be low quality in its orginal state already, it is
even more needed that translators see themself as proof readers and _do_
contact the package maintainers and send them on suggestions,
improvements and fixes. These includes but shouldn't be limited to
formating mistakes: double spacing when there is no pre-formated wanted,
single spacing when pre-formated is expected to happen, incomplete
sentences, things along that lines, ...

 These hints have to go somewhere into a FAQ/HOWTO section on the
translation interfaces.

 -) When the package maintainer wants to leave hints to the translators,
for PO files there is this possibility available, but how to do that for
package translations? The control files do offer the possibility to
insert comments - is there any way to extract them and display them to
translators in any way?

 As maintainer of the wesnoth packages, the hint I'd like to drop: The
introduction paragraph of the campaigns comes directly from the PO files
for the campaigns and are already translated therein. It would be
*perfect* if the translation for that could somehow get pulled from
there nstead of staring from scratch again and potentially translating
into a completely different direction or wording style.

 I hope this makes up partly for my recent annoyance on the list, please
excuse it and try to understand my frustration that built up over time
instead of accounting it to bad-will.

 Thanks,
Rhonda