Re: DDTP statistics and Translation-xx.bz2 files

Quoting Martin Eberhard Schauer (Martin.E.Schauer@gmx.de):
> Hi,
>
> there are some things that I don't understand:
>
> - There are translation statistics for etch, lenny, squeeze, wheezy
> and sid (1).
>   Etch is archived and not actively maintained. Although there is
> the possibility
>   that a new translation for some package may be effective for
> former releases,
>   I don't understand the need for the etch statistics.
> - Lenny is still maintained, but the last lenny statistics update was at
>   22-Jul-2011. The update for etch was abandoned, too.

I actually stopped the generation of statistics for both of these at
that exact date.

We should probably remove them from the DDT* pages.

> - There are no post-release updates for the Translation~ files.
> However, at least
>   the most active translation teams still increase the number of
> translations for
>   stable and oldstable. Why can't there be new Translation~ files
> for point releases?

Please understand that we're still in the process of reappopriating
the whole thing. Nicolas, Felipe as well as Martin Bagge and Michael
Bramer are doing great work, here, to get our hands back on the DDT*.

So, the point is not (yet) about adding extra features. There are
several work underway, such as really starting the work to move all
i18n.d.n stuff on a debian.org machine, cleaning out the DDT*
directories, trying to understand the logic behin d all maguc things
that run on this server, etc, etc.

In short, not sure that anyone is currently able to answer your
question..:-)