Re: coreutils: please update translations

David Prévot wrote:

> Maybe, but is it really mandatory,

Technically yes[1], but I suspect nobody does it in practice based on the
number of existing bugs in the archive of that kind (including one in
one of my packages).

>                                    and does it succeed to build from
> source twice in a row with “rm -f po/*.gmo” in the clean target anyway?

Yes, I tested that before.  "diff" ignores deleted files.

I'll try the "touch pot with patch" way this time.

Ciao,
Jonathan

[1] policy §4.9: "clean: This must undo any effects that the build
and binary targets may have had, except that it should leave alone any
output files created in the parent directory"