Re: Looking for the way to update the Installation Guide (Spanish)

Hi,

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> (Cc'ing me is okay)
>
> I'm considering updating the «jewel in the crown» of Debian, which is of
> course the Installation Guide, a must for new users and also the older ones.
>
> But first I'd like to know what the workflow would be for the job to be
> done, considering I'm used to PO files and not XML based translations. Also, what's
> lacking and what needs to be done (percentage of missing translations, fuzzy strings and so on).
>
> Looking at the Salsa GIT server¹ I can't figure out where theses files
> are located for the Spanish language², so any hint on how to get the job done
> would be appreciated.
>
> ¹ <https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/installation-guide/-/tree/master/po/es>
> ² https://d-i.debian.org/manual/es.amd64/index.html

Hmm, you already found the correct git repository at Salsa, and you also found
the directory ../po/es where the spanish po files are (above at ¹).
So, I'm unsure what you want me to do.

If you are used to git, you can clone the repository with
"git clone https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/installation-guide.git";
to get the whole tree, or download only the po files via the web-frontend.

You can sent the translated files via a bugreport or to debian-boot list,
as you already did last week. (That changings from last week can already be
seen at https://d-i.debian.org/manual/es.amd64/index.html)

Statistics for the installation-guide can be found at
https://d-i.debian.org/manual/
at the bottom of the page.

Best regards
Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076