Re: How to resolve gettext error "can't guess language"?

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 10:12:30 +0200
Laura Arjona Reina wrote:

> The code producing this error is the dl10n-check script:
> https://salsa.debian.org/l10n-team/dl10n/-/blob/master/dl10n-check
> I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the problem is that the function
> process_po_file
> https://salsa.debian.org/l10n-team/dl10n/-/blob/master/dl10n-check#L654
> tries to guess the language from the name of the file instead of the
> folder structure or the Language tag written in the content of the file.
> I don't know if the cura.po files should be renamed to cura.xx_yy.po or
> it's better to change the script to add some logic to try to guess the
> language from the Language tag inside the file. This second option I'm
> afraid is beyond my Perl skills.

it determines the lang code in 4 patterns:
[lang]/messages/
[lang]/LC_MESSAGES/
po/[lang]/[whatever].po
[lang].po

resources/i18n/[lang]/cura.po does not match any of these;
it will match if you place po files under i18n/po/

--
victory
no need to CC me :-)