Re: Version numbers in package descriptions

Thomas Vincent wrote:

> Maybe we should try to issue bug reports more systematically when we
> encounter such descriptions, especially for the ones that evolve very
> often like linux-image-*?

I'm glad that you mentioned those because I asked fellow Italian
translators to avoid translating them unless we know we are close to a
stable release.
The linux-image-* packages now contain two numbers (kernel version and
major revision number), but the corresponding *-dbg packages also
contain the minor revision number so they might change more often!

I was about to file a wishlist bug against linux-image-* and
linux-image-*-dbg (asking if they think that version numbers are
useful and why metadata keys like Suggests could be added) but I'm
getting timeouts with reportbug.

--
Daniele Forsi