Debian IA-64 - Build Package

Hi It's J.

I have owned an HP i2000 ( Intel Itaninum dual 800 mhz) for months, the seller had stripped the acompaning software, to only parts of the HP-UX system, only the MS-XP-64-bit video driver cd, and a hand full of papers.         ----       IT's still not running, I bought and tried Debian, and MS-XP-64bit.

I purchased Debian Woody 3.x got a plasid screen with a big "X" for a cursor.  My disappointment, was not dampended for this was the same result from Red-Hat linux, I purchased just 4 years before, for on a pentium dual 333mhz system.      BOY what progress we have made since then, RIGHT.

Now I have read the stats. on the percentage of systems, using linux running the internet, being in the high " 80's ."   NOW ! ! ! !    I thought, I would try again and got the same results.

I read the Debian " Code of Contact " some what conflicting, stating to be extra nice and give a multitude of thanks before asking for help.   BUT, also to expect beligerence on the part of experienced 'Debianites' to bash  the ignorant 'NEW comers'

I had just a similar experence, in trying to directly contact, one who normally comments, on most subject matter on this forum.    Yes I got bashed ! ! ! !    and for a FEE my queries, may get consideration.     Maybe this type of actions over the years, is why for a start-up system, linux just wont load up on systems any better than years ago.

THE HEART OF QUEST    --     Was to be FREE in experssion, just as the free software we were all working toward creating ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?   SO AS to get away from restrictive propritary systems, like MS, HP, and SUN ? ? ? ?

Ian Wienand, seems like the first breath of fresh air on this forum, below I relate his remarks:
=
=
=
" but I will need to relook at the Debian package build to find what else is wrong in the way
it builds. "
=
=
=

Now how about you old timers, as you call yourselves, get out of the beligerent mode, and take "UP the TORCH" and work with us new-bee's and MEN like Ian, and let get this "System Install" in a "USER" condition.

I Thank you all for putting up with my trashing of the forum's progress, but some of us are users not Professers, or System Administrators.

THANKS  TO   ALL

J.

PS. Ian go get 'em'.