Altix 330?

I have 2 sgi altix 330s
I would like a free distrobution that I can run on them.

I will buy RedHat Enterprise for one that we will use as a
production server but I would like a free OS that I can
experiment with on the other one.

This machine you use a USB ethernet adapter on the
control module for the unit. The control module is a flashed
Mini OS that can control the power state and let you connect
to the system console. Sort of like HPs ILO cards. The big
difference with it is It has no display device only through this
control module. To connect to the display module you connect
the usb ethernet adapter to the module and connect a crossover
cable to a pc. On the pc you obtain an ip address from the control
module(10.x.x.x). Then you can telnet to the control module(10.0.0.1)
At this point you can turn on these devices with "power on"
Then connect to the display with <ctrl+d>. At which point you can
watch these machines boot. It has EFI like HP's Itaniums.

When it gets to the EFI Boot loader I select
"Boot option maintenance menu"
I then select "Boot from a File"
next I tried inserting debian31r3 iso that I burned
then I select "Removable Media Boot"
at which point I get the debian install window with a list of
options to try and boot.
None seem to work I'm guessing it is because of the display issue.
Is there a fix for this?

I also tried gentoo. Gentoo boots to a usable kernel but it could not
find the cdrom to load the rest of what would be needed.

If I hack around I could build my own I have done similar things but I am
not all that familiar with EFI.