[Pkg-ime-devel] [RFS] skim package

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 09:23:38PM +0800, William J Beksi wrote:
> I'm using the upstream bzipped tarball, however it seems dh_make does
> not like the "bz2" extension, I get the following error message from
> dh_make:
> "Source file is a bz2 but bzip2 or gzip not available at
> /usr/bin/dh_make line 409, <STDIN> line 2."

This is a bug in dh-make, see #314875.

> That is why I renamed the extension, maybe I should ask upstream to
> rename the extension to "bzip2"?

No, .bz2 is the standard bzip2 format suffix as far as I know.  Changing
it to bzip2 won't fix your problem anyway.  I'm fine with your changing
the compression format, I was wondering if you changed the content of
the _uncompressed tarball_.  Read my comments above carefully, I was
comparing the uncompressed upstream tarball (was bzipped) and your
source tarball (was gzipped), and they don't match.  If I am going to
change the compression format, I'll still use the upstream tarball,
which means just bunzip2 the .tar.bz2 from upstream (to .tar), then gzip
it (to .tar.gz), and rename/symlink to .orig.tar.gz.  You are apparently
doing something different, my question then, is exactly how did you
change the compression format?  I'm not saying you should follow my
approach, but I feel you need to give some explanation.

(P.S.:  I'm subscribed to pkg-ime-devel list, it's not necessary to send
copies to me, thanks.)

Ming
2005.08.08