Re: Tests fail when applying new upstream commit

Changwoo Ryu wrote:
I'd rather set $XDG_CACHE_HOME than touching home dir.

Right, setting XDG_CACHE_HOME directly is apparently more straightforward.

See if this works: https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ibus/blob/0c0df35bcb388c79b17f24a35f7f00b23be1e2ea/debian/rules#L64

I tested a few builds with that, and all builds but one succeeded. However, the logs of all the builds included this complaint:

dbus[22066]: Unable to set up transient service directory: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR "/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/debian/tmp-xdg-runtime-dir" can be written by others (mode 040775)

Please note that Takao Fujiwara has abandoned the idea to use XDG_RUNTIME_DIR for IBus, and will use XDG_CACHE_HOME instead; see this comment:

https://github.com/ibus/ibus/issues/2116#issuecomment-533013752

So probably we won't need to worry about XDG_RUNTIME_DIR for the tests at all.

I have now proposed an Ubuntu upload where I confined myself to set XDG_CACHE_HOME:

https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj/+archive/ubuntu/ibus/+packages

Thanks!

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson