Re: Application to join the team

Hi,

在 2020-04-21星期二的 22:37 +0200,Gunnar Hjalmarsson写道:
> On 2020-04-21 21:16, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> > I saw someone gave you the Developer role. Welcome to the team!
>
> Thanks!
>
> > Since Developer role cannot create repos at this time, please feel
> > free to let me (or any other DD members in the team) know if you need
> > to create any packaging repo.
>
> Actually I have a personal repo which I would like to transfer.
>
> Last year I added the ibus-avro package to Debian and set up this repo:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/gunnarhj/ibus-avro
>
> I thought the developer role would allow me to transfer it via Settings,
> but I can't, and now I know why.
>
> So how would I go about it (assuming you agree it makes sense, of
> course)? Should I export my project and ask someone to import it to the
> team's namespace?

I just cloned your project, put it under input-method-team namespace and
granted you a Maintainer role for this repo. Now you can manage the new repo
as well. Since ibus-avro never entered Debian Stable, we do not need help from
Salsa admins for repo move with url redirection now.

> > I'm also curious about what part of the IM packages your plan to
> > contribute.
>
> I have no firm plans. I packaged ibus-avro, and just made an upload of
> ibus-unicode (with your help), so it seems I tend to focus on input
> methods for non-CJK scripts at the moment.
>
> Btw, I think it would make sense to change the maintainer for those two
> packages to Debian Input Method Team. If you agree, would that be as
> simple as changing it in d/control? I'm currently the maintainer of
> ibus-avro, and I will talk with the ibus-unikey maintainer about it
> (have reasons to assume he will agree).

You can now change the repo contents for ibus-avro. For ibus-unikey, I just
set up https://salsa.debian.org/input-method-team/ibus-unikey, which is an
empty placeholder repo for now. It would be better if the maintainer have
acknowleged but technically you are able to make changes already.

> Otherwise time will tell. im-config is a package I'm well familiar with.
>
> > Feel free to let me know if there's any further actions needed from
> > my side.
>
> I have the questions above, but nothing else right now.

Thanks,
Boyuan