ibus package and packages with "ibus" in its name

Hello,

I recently discovered ibus as a way to input unicode symbols anywhere, and not only GTK software. The example i discovered is one right arrow symbol "shortcut" that is:

  1. Press and hold ctrl and shift keys.
  2. Type the 5 keys: u 2 1 9 2
  3. Release the ctrl and shift keys.

What happens with the above is that we see the keys typed in step 2 appearing in the screen, but they will be substituted by the symbol "→" when we release the held keys, in step 3.

But this does not work in any Qt made software, for example. But this will be fixed with ibus, i was told.

Fine. Now i am installing ibus in my Debian. The ibus package does not have many dependencies. But searching the repository for "ibus" gives several results. Should i install them too?

Examples that i want clear answers of what changes with or without these packages, if i have ibus installed, but now them:

  • ibus-anthy ibus-kkc ibus-skk: Why are there 3 packages for japanese language? What is the difference of each of them, for people who do not know much of it, or less?
  • ibus-braille: Only braille for spanish, french, indian and english is supported? Or the "several" written in the description means others too? Why not writing all of them?
  • ibus-hangul and ibus-ibus-libthai are examples of languages that can be completely written with ibus, right?
  • ibus-clutter: What is this package, exactly? Its description is far from being clear to me.
  • ibus-doc: It says it is the "reference manual". So, is it just for development, as the beginning of the description says? Or will it be useful for everyone, as the last paragraph in its description says?
  • ibus-gtk ibus-gtk3: Do i need to install these? I already had something that works in GTK (any) software, since i discovered the example given above, in this message. Why are there these 2 packages? What happens if i do not install them?
  • ibus-input-pad: What is this? It was not marked to be installed, when i asked just ibus package to be installed. Again, its description is vague. It only repeats what i understand by the package name only.
  • ibus-keyman: This is a nice description.
  • ibus-kmfl: Does this change the already possible use of "special" keys that exist in several personal computers, portable or not? Like meta keys ("Windows logo keys"); Alt gr; volume adjust keys; and others. I already use them on linux. What is changed if i install this package?
  • ibus-libpinyin: I searched and read about what is pinyin and bopomofo are, and i think the description of this package is bad, and could be much improved to give, at least, some basic information about what the package is, and what the package does, instead of just citing these 2 (only?) things the package uses, for people not familiar with it (like me); and something that could make people more informed than myself want to install the package. "Intelligent Pinyin engine" → what is special in this? I am intelligent for math: does this make you want me to everything or anything related to math?
  • ibus-m17n: What is this about? What can i do with it, and what i cannot do without it?
  • ibus-mozc: Given what is written in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Japanese_Input, is not it wrong to say that it "originates from Google Japanese Input"? I think it should be said that "it is based on mozc", which is the open source input method published by Google, the only available to be compatible with systems that are not Windows, MacOS or ChromeOS.
  • ibus-pinyin: It says the "pinyin input method is deprecated". But the contemporary package says it has pinyin too. What is the difference? Or the deprecated thing here is the package ibus-pinyin here?
  • ibus-rime: Is its hability to "compose sentences and phrases intelligently" appliable only to output Chinese?
  • ibus-sunpinyin: Is this just for chinese language, and written in pinyin? And i did not understand clearly what the package uses, even after reading and searching around. This Wikipedia article about natural language processing is a main reference? Are other articles of the category "statistical natural language" important to be known, for who uses this package?
  • python3-ibus-1.0: Is this meant to be used only by developers of software using python 3 (and thus, python 3 input method)?

Send me a copy of the message answering this message, please. I could not use the "reply to" header, in anyway - i tried to put 2 of them: one to myself, other to the list.

Thank you