ibus typing delay, out of order

I'm running bookworm and often fall prey to this bug:

https://github.com/ibus/ibus/issues/2486
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/-/issues/2877

Basically when I need a file, I open nautilus to the root of a large dir full of hundreds of dirs and thousands of files.  I start typing a word that should narrow it down and its supposed to show me results.  But instead, if I type more than one letter the letters will start to get out of order and of course no results show up then for the jumbled word.  Very frustrating.

I ran reportbug and it told me there's a newer version of ibus in trixie.  but I don't know thats a good idea to install just one package from trixie such a core package as ibus.  i think this is a fix worth backporting.  Especially since its already fixed upstream, but not sure if you would agree of if its already in the works.