Re: ITP: zebra or mrtd

On Fri, 6 August 1999 14:42:07 +1000, Craig Small wrote:
> > I seriously intend to package either zebra or mrtd.
> > Methinks zebra will be the one, stay tuned.
> What is mrtd?  Do you mean mrtg? If so I may do that one.

Have a look at www.mrtd.net.
mrtd is mainly a routing daemon speaking RIP, OSPF, BGP 4
and the IPv6 variants of these protocols. It is not much
different than zebra, both do their work.

I will see after mrtd and there will be a zebra upload
RSN from me though Endre Hirling is the one packaging it
(sponsor...).

> > Is there anyone else from the ipv6 camp working on
> > that one or has anyone package the (quite newer)
> > radvd lately?
>
> OK, if there any package that needs to be done?  I'm doing a
> local copy of apache here because of the perl5 problems.

The perl5 problem should not be there any more, I have several
machines working with latest potato, they are doing fine. In
only two cases I had to edit the available file by hand, but
this is not neccessary any more.

radvd would be nice (newer version for a month or so) as would
be a *working* apache (last apache gave up on me for doing
virtualhosts, it did not work with the IP address I gave it).

Regards,
Alexander

--
In general, Alberta makes Texas look like Big Sur in the late 60's by
comparison. -- Richard J. Sexton <richard@ns1.vrx.net>