ipv6-enabled packages

I know its late in the game for this, but is there anyway to change the
naming convention for ipv6 packages so that apt doesn't overwrite an ipv6
package with an ipv4 one?  Since ipv6 is theoretically backwards
compatible, there should be no reason that a ipv4-only user that
accidentally gets an ipv6 package would know the difference, while an ipv6
user that has an ipv6 package overwritten by an ipv4-only one is in the
middle of a potential catastrophe.  Secondly, does anyone have dibs on
hacking linuxconf to make it ipv6 aware?  Our LUG has a bunch of
RedHatters, and we're in the middle of an ipv6 project, so we're going to
hack on an ipv6-aware linuxconf.  I'm in charge of procuring the source,
so I can make sure that our hack is compatible with the latest Debian
version and consequently should be able to make a .deb with little or no
hassle.

TTFN

The Internet must be a medium for it is neither Rare nor Well done!