Re: Problems forwarding IPv6 to tunnel

Michel Onstein wrote:

> According to Dancer:
> >
> > If you're forwarding ipv6 packets, then the default route is never used. It's an
> > Alexey thing. You need specific routes for everything :(
> >
> This indeed did the trick.... thanks... but it makes me wonder though..
> why on earth is there no use of default routes when forwarding? Did
> alexey have some special thoughts on it? Or is it just a 'feature'?

He's pretty immovable on this. "Real routers have real routes" is the nub of the
position. Of course in both your and my positions they are not 'real' routers.
They're gateways.

I've been trying to figure out how to modify the code to get the functionality, but
the harder I stare at it the less sense I can make of it all. :/