Re: [solution found] Re: tcp-wrappers + ipv6?

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, William F. Maton wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Arthur van Leeuwen wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, William F. Maton wrote:
> > > Anyone here (including USAGI project maybe) have a tcp-wrappers package
> > > with IPv6 that does work for linux and can be contributed back to the
> > > upstream author?
> >
> > Well, it seems there's some snooping to do here, as I did not get it to
> > compile under Debian. Might be that there's a dependency on glibc 2.2.
>
> Actually, there's good news here:  I managed to get it compile completely
> in the wee hours of the morning and so far it seems to be working just
> fine.

I've looked into RedHat's original source RPM for tcp_wrappers a bit more.

> 	IPV6 = -DHAVE_IPV6 -DUSE_GETHOSTBYNAME2

Yes, you need this. :)

> Even though it is labeled as being required for AIX, you need this to
> compile on Debian.  I compiled this on my super-patched and customized
> Slackware system successfully.  My guess is that this should work just
> fine on modern, glibc 2.1.x systems.
>
> hosts_access.c needs a typedef defined like so:
>
> 	typedef unsigned char   uchar_t;
>
> uchar_t is a Solaris-ism.

You need this as well.

> Next, in percent_m.c, comment out the following:
>
> 	extern char *sys_errlist[];
>
> And that's it.

You don't need this! You can add  -DSYS_ERRLIST_DEFINED  to the EXTRA_CFLAGS
variable defined for the linux target in the Makefile, and things will
compile nicely as well.

Doei, Arthur.

--
  /\    / |      arthurvl@sci.kun.nl      | Work like you don't need the money
 /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt