Re: current IPv6 implementation / configuration

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 06:55:50PM +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> There is no generic document afaik, but I might point to the following
> http://www.sixxs.net/wiki/Subnet which is a good read so that you know
> how a subnet looks like ;)
>
> And some config stuff:
> http://www.sixxs.net/wiki/Installing_a_Subnet
> http://www.sixxs.net/wiki/Aiccu/Installation
> There is quite some more info in that Wiki and also in the FAQ.
> It all depends on what you are looking for. The Forums can be of help
> there too.
>
> But generally it is:
>
>  * Get connectivity
>    - native where possible
>    - tunneled otherwise

At first, I thought that you were starting much higher up than I wanted,
since I am looking to get the machines in the network talking to each
other before I get them talking to the world at large, but then you went
on with some good instructions for what I wanted.

One side question.  Do I want to remove the IPv4 connectivity between
the machines in the internal network, so that I know that they are using
IPv6, or how to I tell, other than ping6?  That doesn't tell me about
the applications' use of IPv6.

Thank you,
Brian