Re: schein.debian.org

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011, Jonathan McCrohan wrote:
> On 01/06/11 00:01, Gerald Turner wrote:
> > Can anyone else confirm or deny IPv6 security updates mirror at
> > schein.debian.org is operational (virtual host, security.debian.org,
> > makes this a bit difficult to test)?
>
> I can confirm that apt-get updates are stalling at the following line
> for upwards of 10 seconds.
> [Connecting to security.debian.org (2001:4f8:8:36::6)]
>
> Both my servers (UK and US based) seem to experience this problem so I
> suspect it is not related to any particular geolocation server.

The output of traceroute seems to show that schein has a good connection to
the V6 internet, as it is hosted at ISC.

Please check the MTUs recorded in the route cache:
  ip -6 route get 2001:4f8:8:36::6

And also run a MTU check on your connection to schein.  It has to be above
1280, and it it has to match whatever the kernel recorded in the route
cache.  I think package "iputils-tracepath" can do it, but I haven't checked
(I am not in a IPv6-capable network).

  Henrique Holschuh